Saturday, June 1, 2013

Play Mats

I haven't updated in a month because mostly what's going on lately is just that I'm waiting on a couple artists. I still need two more illustrations to be turned in, for the characters, and then I can move forward with the POD beta test plan. However, this past week, Inked Playmats (inkedplaymats.com) had a sale, and I ordered four: one each of the previously-previewed Encounter artworks with gameplay guides and one of the Glowmount art without the guides (for my girlfriend to play Magic: The Gathering on).

I'm hoping to be able to make these available at some point, preferably through the Kickstarter campaign and then continuously afterward, but I am a bit wary of too many add-ons for Kickstarter, and I don't know the math on costs on larger orders.

Here's a photo of the Meltwood gameplay mat with an alpha edition of the game set up on it.


And here's a photo of the Meltwood mat without cards all over it.


4 comments:

  1. Nice mat! I'd like to have one for playing on, but I understand it might never be possible. I'm fond of the Glowmount art, so that would be my first choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since your comment, but I wanted to let you know that you can back the Quest Kickstarter for a play mat until July 26, 2015 :) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/588917308/quest-awakening-of-melior

      Delete
  2. I'd love to have a color playmat myself (at this time I really don't care which one). Oh well. I'll have to settle for the playmat (b&w) image @ BGG. Have one of the big office stores that print do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that you can back the Quest Kickstarter for a play mat until July 26, 2015 :) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/588917308/quest-awakening-of-melior

      Delete